It’s that time of year for us working in academia – summer break. Shorter hours, less pay, more time to focus on all things writing/reading/Skyrim. I’ve put together this list, and by publishing it here on the blog, it makes it official. Hopefully, I will be able to hold myself to it a lot better.
- Finish Steampunk series book 1
- Find a title
- Plot out series
- Revise SB 1: Thief in the Castle (until it’s perfect)
- pitmad is June 7
- Revise SB 2: Mage in the Undercity
- Rough draft SB 3: Squire at the Edge of the World (Squire on a Quest)(Squire in the Woods)
- Revise Devil’s Blood 4
- Rough draft Devil’s Blood 5
- Outline/Figure out Devil’s Blood 6
- Clean out under the bed – I’m sure my sleep mask is back there, along with a few missing socks and earrings.
- Clean out closet – I’m pretty sure that old pink duffle bag and go. It’s got a hole in it.
- Clean out car – seriously, how long has that coat been back there? And there’s dog hair all over the passenger seat.
- And finish that beta you start in February
Now, I realize that the time required to finish ALL of these things would be years. That’s why I’ll consider summer well-spent if I accomplish four of them.
Yeah, I’ve got high standards. (They’re realistic.)